Why Should I Have A Sleep Study?
Sleep Deprivation disturbs your daily functions and is a danger to your overall health. The data recorded in your sleep study is an objective look at your quality of sleep and is used to diagnose your sleep disorder.
Why I Should Do My Sleep Study at 4BetterSleep?
At 4BetterSleep, our Medical Director, P. Terrence Moore, M.D., is Board Certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine. Because the brain controls and regulates sleep, Dr. Moore provides an unsurpassed knowledge of diagnosing not only sleep disorders, but neurological disorders that affect sleep.
Will I Be Able to Sleep?
The 4BetterSleep Lab is designed to be comfortable. Our registered technologists understand the importance of applying monitoring sensors in a manner that allows you to move during sleep.
How to Prepare For Your Sleep Study
- Please shower before your sleep over
- Please don’t wear makeup or lotion
- Please don’t use hairspray or hair gels
[col_two_thirds escaped=”true” last=”true”][/col_two_thirds]
[col1 escaped=”true” title=”What to Bring for Your Sleep Over”]
- Medications: If you take any medications on a regular basis, please bring it to the sleep lab, unless otherwise directed by the physician.
- Sleepwear: 2 piece pajamas or t-shirt and loose shorts are recommended. NO GOWNS
- Toiletries: Shampoo, Conditioner, Shaving Cream, Razor, Tooth Brush, Toothpaste, etc.
- Personal Items: Reading material, snack, any personal items to make you more comfortable such as a pillow or blanket and CPAP mask if currently using one.
[col1 escaped=”true” last=”true” title=”Facilities”]
- Large, quiet and comfortable
- Queen size beds
- Private toilets (attached)
- Flat-screen, High Definition Televisions with DirectTV
- Water Cooler
- Dining Table
- On-site Patrol
- 24/7 Video Surveillance
[col1 escaped=”true” title=”What Tests Are Done?”]
4BetterSleep uses the latest computerized technology to monitor you while you sleep. A 4BetterSleep experienced and registered technologist will observe your heart rate, breathing, brain waves, sleep stages, rapid eye movements, leg movements and more. Typical tests include:
- PSG – Body Functions (Polysomnogram)
- EEG – Brain waves (Electroencephalogram)
- EKG – Heart waves (Electrocardiogram)
- EOG – Eye movements (Electrooculogram)
- EMG – Limb Movements (Electromyogram)
- SpO2 – Blood Oxygen Levels (Pulse Oximetry)
- Oral and Nasal Breathing
- Video and Audio Recording
[col1 escaped=”true” title=”When Will I Know My Results?” last=”true”]4BetterSleep will inform you (and your referring physician) of your test results within 24-48 hours. Each study is analyzed by a 4BetterSleep registered technologist and reviewed in detail by Dr. Moore. We ask that you make a follow up appointment to consult with Dr. Moore about your treatment options and/or prescribed plan.[/col1]